Thursday, February 16, 2012

Overcoming Obstacles

This week we read "Tripping over the Lunch Lady" and discussed how one can overcome obstacles.  Your assignment is to tell about a time you had to overcome an obstacle.  Put thought into your response and make sure to proofread your responses.  Below is an example of a time I, personally, had to overcome an obstacle.

Last summer I went on a cruise to Alaska with some friends and family.  During one of the stops on the cruise we went rock climbing and rappelling down a 60 foot cliff.  I was face to face with my fear of heights!  I wanted to overcome this obstacle and make the trip memorable. All I could do as I was shaking on the side of this giant cliff was tell myself I would be ok, even though I was really petrified.  At one point I even fell UPSIDE DOWN while rappelling down the cliff!!!  Thank goodness for my harness and trained tour guides. Through determination, persistence (AW!), and supportive friends and family I was able to conquer (AW!) my obstacle of heights.

8 comments:

  1. Brianna McGahee
    All the years at Lindop I had to meet all the people that were in my classes. Even though I was shy I still had to get to know them at some point. What I did was go around the classroom and asked everybody their names and what was their hobby's. The easy part was when I had people in my classroom I already knew from when I was a baby. By the middle of the year I got to know everyone in my class. My classmates talked and hung out all the time. Now that we are in higher grades we go over eachother houses and birthday parties. I was able to conquer my fear of meeting new people

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Six Flags. It was a ride called the "Hurricane". I was so afraid to get on it, but I did with my family. My face was so jacked up when I got on that ride I almost scared other people. I conquered my fear of rides and rollercoasters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Montez D. Gray
    A time had to overcome obstacles is when I was leaving 4th Grade & coming to 5th. This was hard because I was adapting to a higher level. In the summer when I saw the list of people who where all in my class I got nervous because I really did not know them.So the day of school I thought the teachers where going to be "mean" but I noticed there strict rules are for our saftey & because they care. I conquered this by doing my bestand trying my hardest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jalen Johnson
    When I was in third grade i thought that people wouldn't be my friend.I ask people do they want to hang out but they wouldn't answer me.I over come my fear because I was kind of shy but people started asking me do they want to hang out and I said yes.It was fun hanging out with people in my classroom.So i kind of ask people what was they names and they told me and I was happy.Now that we are older we can go to the skating rink and have fun and party.I was able to conquer my fear by making new friends and having fun with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christal Brown
    The time I had to overcome an obstecle is when my mom got preganet and I had to do all of the work around the house. The way I overcame it is when I called my big sister to come and help me with our mom. So when she came over she helped me cook and clean.Then,she left and told me "that if you need any help just call me."

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ke'la Anderson
    The time I overcame an obstacle was when I was over my cousin Trinity's house and she had a new puppy named Roxie. When I was trying to go to sleep she kept whining and barking. It kept me up all night. We had to treat herb like a baby. We started to feed her then she went to sleep. I know I can take care of puppies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ms.Eck just commenting to tell you i made a new blog check it out

    ReplyDelete